- Send to Prof. Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc to Dionne Clarke (email@example.com) with useful subject line.
- Email about your experience, interests, and goals (1-2 paragraphs. No prior research experience is necessary, but if you have some, we'd be interested to hear about it.)
- CV (include experience, skills, and coursework; see example)
- Unofficial transcript (not essential, if relevant coursework is already on your CV)
- Preferred employment dates (e.g. "spring semester only" or "summer from June 10-Aug 20, then continuing into fall semester & possibly beyond". Note that a summer internship is
typically 10+ weeks, and a term-time commitment must be at least 10 hours/week, to maintain substantive progress.)
- Funding you have in hand, or plan to apply for (see below); or desired course credit (e.g. ES 91r, Physics 91r). Note that you can either receive pay or course credit in a
given semester, but not both simultaneously.
Term Time Funding (typical deadlines end of Sept & Jan)
Summer Funding (typical deadlines in March)